WinZO - DevOps Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Full Job Description
About WinZO Games :
WinZO is Indias largest social gaming platform aiming at building an astronomical tech strong gaming ecosystem in India. WinZO in a short span of time has emerged as the leanest Series C funded gaming startup in the Indian startup ecosystem. WinZO has so far raised over $90MM and handles more than 2.5+ Bn micro transactions monthly, a number which is fast growing.
WinZO with a data driven DNA is working towards becoming the one-stop-shop for online gaming users spread across every household in Bharat. With a vision of becoming a household name for Bharat, catering to their entertainment needs through interactive engagements, Paavan Nanda (co-Founder, WinZO, Zostel & ZO Rooms) and Saumya Singh Rathore (co-Founder, WinZO, Ex-Chief of Staff & Growth- ZO Rooms, Zostel, Ex-Times Group), are aggressively building the platform to not just capture market opportunities but also explore and maximize potential of social interactions as consumption drivers. Both of them are putting together WinZO piece by piece using tech and data to create a transparent and unique gaming experience for its users.
WinZO, which hosts 100+ games in 12+ languages, has 80% users consuming the app in vernacular languages. WinZO has always yearned to mentor, guide and onboard games to be culturally relevant for Bharat. It also provides opportunities for housewives to translate and earn which empowers them economically.
A 150+ members strong team with stellar professionals coming from global tech giants and companies such as Google, Amazon, Flipkart, McKinsey etc., WinZO is funded and backed by global gaming and entertainment investment funds such as Griffin Gaming Partners, Makers Fund, Courtside Ventures, Pags Group and Kalaari.
WinZO is continually working towards revolutionizing the gaming ecosystem by creating a complete entertainment package through a slew of interactive features. Speaking of the larger picture the platform is driving unique initiatives that are constantly attempting to nurture and groom developers
WinZO Values :
- Integrity, Excellence Perseverance, Data Orientation, Agility
About the Role :
As a part of the DevOps Engineering Team at WinZO, you will be responsible for managing the infrastructure that runs various applications running at a very high scale. Working closely with the development team to spin up and deploy new infrastructure. Youll also be responsible for security and monitoring aspects of it while also ensuring that newer technologies are introduced into the System.
What you will do :
- Establish a solid infrastructure framework and excellent development and deployment processes
- Provide infrastructural support to developers and help automate routine tasks
- Work with the development teams closely to gather requirements
- Initiate cross-team collaboration with product development teams to design high-quality product
- Involve in routine audits, upgrading of systems, capacity planning and benchmarking
- Mentor team members
What you should have :
Were looking for people with a hustler mindset, who are curious, eager to learn new things, with a passion for innovation, and work to be a little better every single day.
- 10-12 years experience in DevOps practices
- Automation of tasks using languages such as bash, python, etc.
- Experience in networking
- High ownership and accountability
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit and mentoring
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Hands on open source tools and technologies
- Degree in Engineering or relevant field
What we offer you :
- A flat and transparent culture with an incredibly high learning curve
- A swanky informal workspace which defines our open and vibrant work culture
- Opportunity to solve new and challenging problems with a high scope of innovation
- Complete ownership of the product and chance to conceptualize and implement your solutions
- Opportunity to work with incredible peers across departments and be a part of the Tech revolution
- Most importantly, a chance to be associated with big impact early in your career
Past required Software/Tools/System Exposure :
- AWS, Terraform, VPC, ECS, Docker, Jenkins, CDN, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Nginx
- Monitoring using CloudWatch, New Relic
- Familiarity with IaaC tools like Terraform, Ansible
At our core, were a creative company. Ideas are where we live, and we love building magical products.
Its not just about features, its also about how they make people feel. So, we build at the intersection of the technical and the romantic.And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values, and our users.We value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity, or disability status.(ref:hirist.com)