General Manager - Sales (Act as Profit Center Head) All Associate Companies
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
This job description is only a directive to facilitate and to bring clarity of your role and expectation of the Management out of it. You may also be assigned jobs other than this as and when need arises. Also, management can make changes in the Job Description as per the need of the business and time and the same will be communicated to you through appropriate medium.
At any point of time if you feel that your job description is not relevant to the job you are performing please feel free to approach your RA / HR and we will take the necessary action accordingly. Any approach of taking an excuse from a necessary job by saying that it is not mentioned in the description will be considered as violation of your professional conduct and may be treated as indiscipline.
1. Title: General Manager – Sales
2. Department: Sales
3. Product Segment – Food ingredients, Spice Blends, Seasonings, Sauces, Marinades, Ketchup, Meat Solutions etc
4. Functionally Reports to: Business Director
5. Administratively Reports to: Managing Director
6. Job Location: As specified Job Objectives-The General Manager's Job is to act as profit center head. To be responsible for developing, monitoring, measuring, and achieving the Organization's Business targets to ensure ROI and profitability objectives are met. To develop existing as well as new markets, trends research analysis and to monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities maybe capitalized, and effects of competitive activities may be minimized.
As it is a leadership role, so it is also responsible to ensure a positive culture that promotes team work within the organization and favorable image of the organization.
Job Requirements –
1. Food Technologist / Chemistry Graduate with MBA / Post Graduate Business Diploma.
2. Post Qualification, relevant experience of minimum 18 +years would be needed in handling similar role in an Organisation with employee strength of more than 200 employees.
3. Must have managed a team in B2B, B2C, HORECA, Modern Trade Channels.
4. Ability to supervise and drive a team working at remote locations.
5. As per the need of the business the job is transferable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
Job Responsibilities- General Manager Sales
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team. Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- To take overall responsibility of distribution and sales in Pan Nigeria / West Africa.
- To develop a sales plan, strategy that ensures attainment of company sales, goals, and profitability.
- To work on building effective sales structures to smoothen sales processes.
To establish and manage effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
To oversee the organization's business development functions including branding or marketing and ensure a consistent and high-profile representation of the Organisation in the marketplace.
DAY TO DAY MANAGEMENT -
To manage the day to day operations of sales, building relationships, providing guidance, encouraging teamwork, and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
To make regular customer visits for sales development and facilitate customers for various projects and probabilities to boost sales. To lead sales of the company's products and services undefined and ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenue through planning, deployment, and management of sales personnel.
To communicate with existing as well new suppliers / customers for pricing as well as product development opportunities and new product development.
LEADERSHIP - To create and maintain an atmosphere in which employees willingly produce at maximum capacity and to plan and provide opportunity for employee advancement and development.
To increase organization's effectiveness by facilitating recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining team members.
To review the organizational performance against the targets on a periodic basis and have periodic meetings with the team members to communicate target achievements, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing training opportunities.
Growth Targets - To ensure Product wise/Business wise Targets are achieved through managing the effective strategy and follow-up to ensure accomplishment of sales operational plans.
To support the team to develop dealer networks in each state as per assigned territory/region and promote them for higher coverage in the assigned state.
To assess the various information tools, identify business opportunities and pinpoint bottleneck areas to further increase sales volume, market share and profitability Budget
- To ensure close monitoring of product group cost and profitability, break even points and share periodic demonstration with Business Head and Management. To Prepare annual budgets, Sales Projections, Profit & Loss & Cash Flow.
To monitor stock inventories in alignment with the budget and re-order level for product as well as packaging. MIS
To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies, and standards.
Please send resume at: [email protected]
Chief Operating Officer
M2S Consulting (India) Private Limited
2nd Floor, Amfotech Park,
Road Number 8, Wagle Estate,
SG Barve Road, Padwal Nagar,
Mail: [email protected]